[Fwd: Your message to Sky News]

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Aug 14 10:21:06 EDT 2000

>  ----------- Your original message is below ----------
>
> I think the myth of Royalty is past it's sell by date and fully support
> the re-birth of a British republic where members of the public can vote
> for key issues on the internet. People who dont have internet access
> could visit libraries and internet polling stations.
>
> Ben Fagin
> London

I can see it now: we'll put two hundred paedophiles in a stockade
festooned with television cameras. Each day they'll have to select two
of their number and there'll be a public vote as to which one gets
hanged. Each day the public will be invited to email their favourite
comic to denounce a neighbour, who'll then be escorted by a mob to the
stockade. Denounce 50 paedophiles and meet the Queen Mum!

Populism is a wonderful thing and internet voting is a great way to make
it more efficient. You only need to read usenet to see that wise policy
decisions would result from such a system.

FoFP