Stairway to the Stars? Was: BOC: HW: Apold info on Moorcock track s

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 15 11:55:55 EDT 2000

On 15 Aug 00, at 8:30, Joseph Brooks wrote:

> His reply? "Yeah, I know him" then he proceeds to turn his back on me
> and get in his car, effectively ending the conversation. I was
> dumbfounded. Could it really be true that one of my biggest rock
> heroes was in fact, an asshole?

Ask Deb Frost!

> In his defense, I did meet him a 2nd time at a New Years Eve show a
> few years ago. This time he was more friendly (though still a little
> offish), even putting up with my wife hugging him and gushing over him
> a little (she was quite drunk and has been a fan as long as I have..
> Our first date was a 1975 BOC show..). But I still can't forget that
> earlier time.

I only talked to EB once.  I was pretty drunk and raving about how
great he and BOC are.  He was pretty friendly [for EB] though not as
nice as BD, who, predictably, was very gracious...

theo