BOC on the Radio

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 17 07:44:41 EDT 2000

On 17 Aug 00, at 7:05, Hall, Russell J wrote:

> Last night, while driving back from seeing Joan Jett and the
> Blackhearts (punk is still kicking), I stumbled across a radio station
> that played a block of BOC: Mistress of the Salmon Salt, Dominance and
> Submission, and Before the Kiss, A Redcap.  Coolness abounds! Alas,
> the station faded out so I do not know what other goodies they had
> cued up.

Hey, check it out:  Sunday, I saw Joan Jett and BOC at the same
show!  And Edgar Winter and Todd Rundgren to boot!

Horrible experience though...BOC were headliners, but had to finish
the show at 930.  The other bands had played too long, and BOC
only got to play about 55 mins.  The band was visibly upset, as
they've played this event 3 times as a support act.  They finally get to
headline the show, and get the rug pulled from under them.  So, no
new tunes, no interesting old stuff [though they did open up with a
ripping TatSoL] and of course, the big 3.  Short gig, but of course it
included bass and drum solos [though mercifully brief]  Probably my
worst experience at a BOC show, though not the band's fault.

Hey, Rundgren was amazing--power trio format...

theo