OFF: Review: Canterbury Sound Festival 2000 (Man, Arthur Brown, Gong, etc)

Sat Aug 19 17:55:58 EDT 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

> Don't know if you're into psychedelic trance style stuff, done with a
> distinct Gong like feel, but if you've not heard Gilli's two projects in the
> form of the CD's by Glo and Goddess Trance, you really are missing out big
> time - fantastic albums.

        Well, some of it I am, yes, but I saw Glo once and they quite put
me off the whole idea for a while. Gilli's in much better form at the
moment but it struck me as flabby wandering hippy stuff of the most
uninteresting sort at the time. Mind you, I had just seen Porcupine Tree
for the first time and that had been kinda religious, I'm not sure who
could have followed that :-) I shall wander closer towards investigating
her solo work once I've got more Gong secured :-) Yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCoincidentalCD: Gong - _25th Birthday Party_ disc one
--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |