Stairway to the Stars? Was: BOC: HW: Apold info on Moorcocktrack s

Sun Aug 20 18:03:52 EDT 2000

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Jean Lansford wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Albert Bouchard <ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:
>
> >Eric is really into his TV, so maybe he was missing "his show." ;-) He
> >can be quite funny sometimes as an individual but I think meeting fans
> >face to face has always made him uncomfortable.
>
> Especially if they just stand there with an "I'm meeting this person
> I've idolized for most of my life and now have no idea what to say"
> look on their face, I'll wager.

        That's exactly what I did to him :-) Though more to Buck, it has
to be said. Three quarters of me wanted to say "that was amazing, I've
never seen anyone play like that," and the other quarter was desperately
trying not to say, "Gee, you're _shorter_ than you looked on stage." The
mouth wagged but sound came there none. So Charlie Grant grabbed him and
got him to fill in the blank on a lyric sheet to `Harvest Moon' and sign
it "Good health to you"... Missed my chance there I think... Yours,
                                                                    Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |