So long and thanks for all the hawks

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Tue Aug 22 16:46:01 EDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:24:24PM -0700, Joseph Brooks wrote:
> Hi all.. Well, sorry to say that the BOC to HW content ratio on this list is
> just too one sided.. I'm tired of deleting 25 posts and reading 1 or 2 per
> day (thats on a good day and usually one of the 2 is my own...) (and Yes, I
> just can't seem to get the hang of HW, never have..).
>
> Gonna unsub...

Well, as one who feels about BOC about the way you feel about
Hawkwind:
1.  The best HW news in years has us all quivering with
    excitement; give us a break!

2.  You can always tell the list you don't want "HW:" or "OFF:"
    posts.  I can't remember how, but I know it's possible.

3.  Actually, some days I envy you.  Most of those 25 HW posts
    are just chitchat; one or two substantive posts a day would
    be much easier to handle!  (Except just now -- see (1) :-)

4.  Don't worry; some day it'll be your turn -- all the talk will
    be about BOC and some of the HW people will be wondering
    whether to stick around.

Cheers.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft -- but they could get
fired for relying on Microsoft.
        - Chris Garrigues