HW: Brixton 'ole' gits!

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Tue Aug 22 16:02:31 EDT 2000

> Subject: Re: HW: Brixton 'ole' gits!

> Brixton all nighters usually have some support bands first, then the
> headlining band around the midnight hour, followed by DJ's through til
5am.
> This one is not likely to be that much different, so I don't think there
is
> any danger of any one person playing for more than a couple of hours at
> most!

I heard that HW sometimes come back on in the early hours?. Personally I
hope that it would be more like various members doing solo sets followed by
a long HW set, then maybe a few more solo spots and a return of the Hawks
(Hawkestra?) as a finale. I mean, this is supposed to be the big HW
celebration isn`t it?
Personally the thought of having to wait through DJ`s half the night in case
the band return horrifies me and would put a real down on what should be a
great occasion. On top of that I doubt my wife would sit through it. I go to
gigs to see musicians play music not DJ`s playing records (I dislike dance
music immensly, sorry). This is what has always kept me away from these
all-nighters in the past.

Si