BOC: So long and thanks for all the hawks

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Aug 22 17:01:21 EDT 2000

Sorry to see you go. Hey, at least come back when the new album gets
released....

>> I strongly suggest to the List Owner(s) that you change the name to
>> something like hawkwind-L. I know that the list is for both bands according
>> to the FAQ but is that really true anymore? BOC is a side issue at best here
>> now. I will miss the occasional AB post and the ever so knowledgable BOC
>> folks/fans here.
>>
>> I don't blame anyone, its not our fault that pretty much nothing much left
>> to say about BOC. Not much happening to talk about.
>
> (hands in pocket, looks glumly around....)
>
> so, anyone want to start a BÖC brawl?  vote for
> your favorite tunes?

OK. I've got 12 minutes to kill. :-)
D&S (original version)
tR&tB (T&M version and OYFoOYK version equally)
Reaper (AoF version- a.k.a. the one without the TV Mix...)

> Are there hidden references to Imaginos in any songs
> by Keanu Reave's band Dogstar?  discuss.

"And don't forget my dog, fixed and consequent." (Beeteljeuce (sp?) the "dog
star.") Obviously Keanu is a major BOC fan. In fact, in Bill & Ted 2, Bill
says to Ted (Keanu), "don't fear the reaper" when the pair defeat death to
return to the land of the living. Dude.

> let's dissect the song "Light Years of Love", including
> all references to anything by SWU, Oaxaca or SFG songs....

Yes.

> Morning Final - is there a vampire reference here?

Nope. "For the last time he felt the light and gave up his last fight." He's
not giving up because the light is hurting him. He actually enjoys the
light. Sometimes he has a picnic in the summertime when the light is very
bright and the result is very pleasing to him, even though he ran out of
mustard- though that part was cut from the original lyrics....

> Is Eric still playing Gemstone warrior or is he now on
> Everquest, Asheron's Call or Ultima online?  Which server/shard,
> if so?

Quake III. He goes by the name "U.V. Reflector"

> Do the Bass and Drum solos in present-day BÖC serve any purpose other
> than to give the rest of the band a breather?  Or are they still
> valid crowd pleasers?

It's an initiation right for the "new" guys. Ah, hazing....

OK. Time's up.
Brian