HW: Meeting before Brixton gig

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Aug 22 16:59:58 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Crook <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Meeting before Brixton gig

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'll be going. I ordered a ticket online from Ticketweb, but they said
they would mail the ticket 'within 7 > days' of the event which I find a
bit worrying as it doesn't allow much time if they mess the order up.

If I wuz you I'd cancel your order now and go to ticketmaster instead
www.ticketmaster.co.uk  or telephone 08705 344 4444  (24 hours).
I've got a perfectly legit looking ticket sitting in front of me right
now and it arrived within 48 hours of me ordering it.      So if
ticketweb can't get you a ticket until 7 days before the event it sounds
to me as if they are not carrying them or there's something else going
on.
Admittedly mine is only ticket number 20 so it's clearly still early
days yet!

> Has a suitable meeting place been decided upon?
> Have you been keeping count of the list members going Bernhard?

Count me in.

Also does anyone know if there's a safe b&b area not too far from the
venue?   Given that there will probably just be a DJ set from (I'm
guessing) around 2am onwards I think I'd prefer to crash preferably
somewhere with a bed rather than at the back of the hall which I ended
up doing last time!  (yeah, yeah, I'm getting old and wrinkly - so....?)
I don't really fancy an endless taxi ride nor do I wish to be stumbling
around Brixton at that hour of the morning.    All recommendations from
those with London Knowledge gratefully accepted.

Can't decide what to vote for...............8-(

jill