So long and thanks for all the hawks

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Aug 23 00:05:29 EDT 2000

At 09:46 PM 8/22/00 +0100, linuxchaos wrote:
>hear hear!!
>
>I suppose that the connection was Moorcock's contribution to BOC (which I
still
>have not heard!).

The real reason was Steve Swann, he liked both bands so he started the list
dedicated to the bands he liked.  In the early days there was probably more
BÖC content than Hawkwind content.  I'm not sure if archives for the list
exist but there were just volumes of serious BÖC discussions here in the past.

Also, a significant percentage of the BÖC only fans have moved over to various
BÖC soley dedicated lists...  on some of which they are vehemently
anti-Hawkwind
because they got upset on this list at some point in the past.  Not sure,
but you
can probably count Bolle Gregmar amongst these... he once related a
"horror" story
about a Hawkwind concert only to have most Hawkwind fans feel he was
describing
an ideal Hawkwind concert.  And then there was Susi Wagner...

Well, anyways.  There's a certain community to this list, it won't be the
same without both.  I mean, the mystery tape that Theo was supposed to send
to someone, reports from Roswell alien conventions in New Mexico, these things
go hand in hand with reports from Australian Hawkfans...   for sentimental
reasons,
I am against changing the name.

>Isnt BOC a chemical manufacturer? Yes, when I worked on the railways there
were
>numerous oil tankers with BOC painted on them, Guy?

Yes, you can still go to boc.com I believe.

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold