HW: Meeting before Brixton gig

Wed Aug 23 04:37:02 EDT 2000

> > I'll be going. I ordered a ticket online from Ticketweb, but they said
> they would mail the ticket 'within 7 > days' of the event which I find a
> bit worrying as it doesn't allow much time if they mess the order up.
>
> If I wuz you I'd cancel your order now and go to ticketmaster instead
> www.ticketmaster.co.uk  or telephone 08705 344 4444  (24 hours).
> I've got a perfectly legit looking ticket sitting in front of me right
> now and it arrived within 48 hours of me ordering it.      So if
> ticketweb can't get you a ticket until 7 days before the event it sounds
> to me as if they are not carrying them or there's something else going
> on.
> Admittedly mine is only ticket number 20 so it's clearly still early
> days yet!

I've ordered from Ticketweb loads of times, and they always say this but
then deliver the ticket fairly promptly.  I've had tickets for Calexico on
Sept 24th on the shelf here for about a month already!  I wouldn't worry,
just so long as you've kept your booking reference.

This week's Time Out has a gig ad, by the way, with the tagline "Don't
panic - the mothership is here to collect everyone!"

> > Has a suitable meeting place been decided upon?
> > Have you been keeping count of the list members going Bernhard?
>
> Count me in.
>
> Also does anyone know if there's a safe b&b area not too far from the
> venue?   Given that there will probably just be a DJ set from (I'm
> guessing) around 2am onwards I think I'd prefer to crash preferably
> somewhere with a bed rather than at the back of the hall which I ended
> up doing last time!  (yeah, yeah, I'm getting old and wrinkly - so....?)
> I don't really fancy an endless taxi ride nor do I wish to be stumbling
> around Brixton at that hour of the morning.    All recommendations from
> those with London Knowledge gratefully accepted.

Londoners don't actually know where to stay though as they never have to! ;)
You could probably do worse than pick up a Rough Guide to London, obviously
I haven't used it myself but they've never let me down in Helsinki, Paris,
Cairo etc.  (But Lonely Planet sucks!)

I'd offer to put you up here but I think I'm already committed to having
about half a dozen sweaty blokes staying.  (Then again that might appeal, I
don't know! ;))

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk