HW: Meeting in pub before Brixton gig (List)

Wed Aug 23 04:49:41 EDT 2000

> Is the BEEHIVE ok ? And where exactely is this pub ? Very close to the
> Academy ? Near a TUBE station ? More infos from the LONDON folks please!!!

The Beehive is in Brixton Road, you turn right out of the underground
station and it's about 100m on your right.  There's a map of the area linked
on the hawkwind.com site, or at least there should be - the Beehive is just
north of the railway bridge.

It's always packed when there's a show at the Academy - with 4,000 fans of
whoever in the area, no wonder!  You should have seen it when the Ramones
played, but I'll let Paul tell that story...

There's a Firkin over the road which has a footy table, but on a bad slope
which made it virtually unplayable.  Well they did last year anyway.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk