BOC: Drum/Bass Solos

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Aug 23 08:28:18 EDT 2000

> Do the Bass and Drum solos in present-day BÖC serve any purpose other
>         than to give the rest of the band a breather?  Or are they
> still
>         valid crowd pleasers?

Why does the band need a breather before the last song of the set?  I
doubt Buck is too worn out playing the riff to "Godzilla" to then go
into "The Reaper".

Biggest problem that I see is that the 2 solos are in the same song!  It
gets too boring - give Danny a bass solo in Godzilla and move the drum
solo somewhere else.  They've been doing a drum solo in Godzilla for
over 20 years and it's time for a change.  I think solos are fun, but
back to back gets tedious.

John