BOC: Re: So long and thanks for all the hawks

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Wed Aug 23 12:55:40 EDT 2000

Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET> writes:
>Hi all.. Well, sorry to say that the BOC to HW content ratio on this list is
>just too one sided.. I'm tired of deleting 25 posts and reading 1 or 2 per
>day (thats on a good day and usually one of the 2 is my own...) (and Yes, I
>just can't seem to get the hang of HW, never have..).

I can't seem to get the hang of them, either (tho' the Surgeons' version of
"Needle Gun" kicks some serious keyster...)  I subscribe in digest mode, and
if I don't see anything I'm interested in (in list of subject headers at the
beginning of the digest) out it goes.  One message, one delete--simple.

If you like the multi-message mode, the subject-line filtering is supposed to
take care of this.  To see only in BOC and Brain Surgeons' material, you can
tell the server:
       SET BOC-L TOPICS: BOC BRAIN
and you'll get only mail with BOC or BRAIN in the subject line.

Of course, this mechanism relies on a conscientious user population, who read
the list's intro message, and is willing to annotate each mail message
appropriately, so that they don't annoy folks who follow the other groups.  By
and large, the folks on this list DO abide by this guideline, making this one
of the easiest-to-read (or not-read, as the case may be) lists I've seen.

                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.css.mot.com-+- Yes I know the secrets of the iron and mind ---+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    Their trinity acts a mineral fire.           |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |  Yes I know the secrets of the circuitry mind   |
+Simulation Technology Team-+--- It's a flaming wonder telepath...   ----[BOC]+