BOC: So long and thanks for all the hawks

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Aug 24 16:55:05 EDT 2000

I remember seeing them at the Golden Hall in San Diego, CA. back in 75 or so
when they were SO loud that it literally hurt my ears. I'm talking actual
pain here. It was so bad that I broke the filters off two cigs and stuffed
them in my ears (the filters, that is). Of course, being 15 and stupid, I
loved every minute of it.

...and yes, at age 40, after many many concerts and being in bands myself
for quite a few years, I am quite hard of hearing. "Say what, Sonny? I
cain't hear ya".

But I have to agree, BOC had to hold the record for loudest band ever. I've
seen the Who and Zeppelin and they were loud but never actually past the
pain threshold.

BOC's amps must "go to 11".. hehe

JB