Songs that Set the Hook (was: Re: So long and thanks for all the hawks)

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Fri Aug 25 14:02:31 EDT 2000

I saw them live before ever hearing a single studio cut. They were playing
downtown for some sort of charity thing, the admission price was a can of
food.

I had never heard of them (this was in '74, I think) but a friend had and
described them to me as, "Black Sabbath but with synthesizers".. well, that
was enough for me, I went and was blown away.

When I saw the 5 guitars, I was permanently hooked. I went out the next day
and bought Blue Oyster Cult and Tyranny & Mutation. I don't think ST was out
yet but I picked that up soon after as well. So, I would have to say that
"Cities on Flame" was the song that really drew me in as far as studio
tracks are concerned. But seeing them live was what really hooked me.

Gods, have I really been listening to these guys for 26 years?

"We're sick and tired and dying to meet you..." - BOC

JB