HW: Meeting before Brixton gig

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Aug 25 16:18:41 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Meeting before Brixton gig

> Clemens & Associates Inc writes:
>
> > Maybe there is a hotel where us out-of-towners could stay, like a
> > mini-convention, and use a banquet room for our pre-concert
get-together?

> Reasonable plan. Can anyone check out hotels near Brixton? Camden
maybe?

Yeah - well - I've been struggling with London maps for the past couple
of nights and can say categorically that Camden is nowhere near Brixton!
However Clapham is and Camberwell is reasonably close.   However London
tends to list its accommodation by district numbers rather than name.
Brixton is actually in SW2 but the Academy itelf is in SW9 and there is
very little accommodation listed for these areas.   Clapham is in SW4,
Nine Elms and Vauxhall (mostly entirely industrial) is in SW8, Battersea
is SW11, Kennington and Lambeth are in SE11,Walworth is SE17, Camberwell
SE5 and Herne Hill SE24  Pimlico, on the other side of the river is SW1

Here's a useful web address in case anyone else wants to browse:
http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/

jill