HW:Ticketmaster & Visa

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Aug 29 12:21:53 EDT 2000

At 07:17 AM 8/29/2000 EDT, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
>On 29 Aug 00, at 7:09, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell if it's safe to order on the website
>> from Ticketmaster with Visa?
>> Never done that before.
>> I'm probably asking a stupid question.
>
>There is one safe way to go with this:  use a debit card with just
>enough money in the account to cover the bill...

A number of credit cards offer internet guarantees, something to the
tune of no more than $50 lost due to internet fraud or theft...
I think one was even offering no loss...

As far as the debit, yes, that protects you now, but someone might wait
and use it later when you had more cash on it...

"Left behind by the latest trends...
 eating fried chicken with his regicidal friends...
   - "Porcelain Monkey" by Warren Zevon