Songs that Set the Hook

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Tue Aug 29 15:44:13 EDT 2000

Quoting Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>:

> > Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET> writes:
> > >Sorry to say, I didn't care for HF much at all.
With the
> > exception of 1
> > >song, I find the lyrics hackneyed, awkward and
cliche` and
> > the music, ...
> >
> > Likewise.  I'm not a fan of Mr. Shirley's lyrics,
either.
> > (So what's the exception?)  Harvest Moon is the one
that I
> > play the most...
> >
> >                                         m@
>
> Ditto
>
> JB

I'll third this motion, but I still think SYIB is
good.  It's not perfect, but it's head and shoulders
above Shirley's other contributions.

I think a lot of BOC fans -- myself included here --
are in denial about how inadequate HF is as a Blue
Oyster Cult album.  But we can hardly be blamed for
wanting to like it!!!

--Nick