HW: Ticketmaster & Visa

Joe Loehr JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 29 19:38:02 EDT 2000

In a message dated 8/29/00 7:28:32 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM writes:

<< I've been ordering stuff over the net for years and never had a real
hassle.
 But you could always phone the box office and give them your card details
 verbally, if you trust that.

I've been ordering CDs off the net, w/credit card, and only had one semi
hassle. No false charges were made on mine, so I guess I lucked out.

But, if some hacker wants to get your info badly enough, or you just happen
to have some bad luck, you'll get ripped-off. They could get the info when
you transmit it to the site, or they could break into the card company's, or
the site's files and get it that way.

When you make on-line purchases w/credit card, you can always check with your
card provider to see what's being charged to your account. There's no way to
be 100% safe, except to not have a card.

Joe Loehr