BOC: X-Brothers, Heaven Forbid, Brain Surgeons

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Wed Aug 30 14:09:37 EDT 2000

>But how much of Imaginos IS BOC?  Isn't a lot of the playing done
>by outside players?  Wasn't it released as a BOC album simply to
>assuage Columbia?
>
>theo

Super simpleified recap time:
Froim what i remember, Immaginos started out as an Albert Bouchard solo
projectas part 1 of a trilogy based around the activity of the main dude in
the story inviloving aliens and human history and fun like that (giant
wodges of stuff about it are now in teh FAQ from when that mini-theseis on
the Imaginos album was done by a former BOCL'er... wowo that was a while
back)!

Musically, most of the band was not Blue Oyster cult, Buck eric etc were
brought in b by Pearlman and Columbia to overdub vox in some cases and put
in solos in others.... a longer while back I remember asking who the guitar
orchestra was on each track and it might have been FAQed bu  i know
satriani was brought in to do Seige and INvestiture, and Riobbeie Kreiger
did the "BOC" song solo.

The basic band was not BOC on the album... though who,i am not 100 sure
about: Jack rigg was guitar/ Albert (everything maybe even kitchen sink :))
Tommy m. keyborads... .and i dont remember who else. Most are listed in the
liner notes. Some players were not included in the final roster as appeared
on LP sleeve fun.
  It was released as a BOC album in order to make Columbia happy in the
end... I think the coolest thing in the whole wide world would be to pool a
lot of money together and on one night only, have the Actual Imaginos Band
come together and do a multimedia lightshow/rock song extravaganza
performing the entire Part 1 of Imaginos as was intended by its
originators.... by the way Albert if i remmber correctly got associate
producer credit or somesuch in recognition of the fact he did put in a
boatload of his own muscle and sweat behind the LP. Pearlman was in charge
when Albert was no lionger in the loop. (i think).

For now, remember
"I may be wrong, but i wont be wrong always"
Jason

(now i fyou know who  performed that song, brownie points!
"And philosophy is wont, in fact, not infrequently, to convert itself into
a kind of art of spiritual pimping.And sometimes into an opiate for lulling
sorrows to sleep."
        - Unamuno, _Tragic Sense of Life_