HW: So Alan's back!

Gordon Reid blueskin69 at NETSCAPEONLINE.CO.UK
Thu Aug 31 15:29:19 EDT 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:25:09 +0100, Dave Berry <daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK>
wrote:

>At 18:16 30/08/00, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>>And to be honest, if Alan's rejoining, the impact is all that Ron
>>can contribute.
>
>Well, that and his vocals -- he's a more versatile singer than anyone else
>in the band.  Whether Bob was better is irrelevant -- although we miss him,
>a dead man can't sing.
>
>>        Still, if Alan is back in that's got to be a good thing.
>
>What is the actual source of this rumour?  Not to pick on anybody, but this
>is typical of BOC-L.  Someone who may or may not have some degree of inside
>information posts a rumour without saying where the information comes from.
> The rest of us are left guessing whether this is a done deal, a
>possibility that someone mentioned, someone expressing a wish, or pure
>invention.  It's like Kremlin watching (or leaks from the New Labour
cabinet).

>That said, *if* Alan is back, it would be good news.
>
>Dave.

This info came from me I was talking to Alan on satarday night, the funny
thing is me & the mates were just talking about this today, you know that
some of the stuff you read on here you think is that true or are we in
fantasy land, that is when i said well we know we were talking to him and
thats good enough for me. On the same note other people might also be
telling the truth for all anyone knows all these ex Hawkwind members might
just be fucking with our heads. And on!!!! A mate of mine phoned me today
after buying the new best of Motorhead CD and he said in the notes that it
said Lemmy will be recording with Hawkwind later in the year, but once again
is it true.

Cheers.
Gordon.