HW: Rumour of Alan

Thu Aug 31 17:37:19 EDT 2000

To put this one well and truly to bed, Alan is joining Hawkwind full-time after the reunion, but it looks like Bedouin will take a back seat rather than disappear.
While we all applaud the former, believe me, once you all get to hear the new Bedouin album (as opposed to the next Alan Davey solo that we are doing), you'll regret the latter.
Andy Garibaldi (who does know)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: J D
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:18 PM
  Subject: HW: Rumour of Alan

  Hi,
  I'm wondering if the original rumour of AD's return is in fact a mis-interpretation of a comment in Brian Tawn's latest newsletter.
  In it, Brian was listing AD dates, but then said that in his opinion the ones around 21st Oct are dubious due to the HW gig.
  I read that as meaning that AD wouldn't want to be competing for the same audience or even that he'd want to be in the audience himself.
  Maybe others read that as meaning something else?
  I dunno, would the originator care to comment?
  Personally I don't want to see any bassist other than Lemmy at Brixton, for obvious reasons.
  Jez