HW Stonehenge Collection

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Aug 31 19:07:47 EDT 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:49:30 +0100, Mick Crook <m.j.crook at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:
>Thanks Andy, the lable is Purple Pyramid, is that the same as Cleopatra? I've
>long since lost track of all these various lables.

Yes, Purple Pyramid seems to be the Cleopatra subsidiary for
spacerock/psych/krautrock/etc.  That also seems to have a nasty habit of
not quite giving you everything you thought you were paying for.  I was
incensed when I found that the last 3-1/2 minutes of "Robot" are cut from
the version on their 'Golden Void' double CD.  I've also heard that their
Ash Ra Tempel 2-fers cut out some of the material, but I haven't actually
heard the CD's (and after my experience with 'Golden Void' I certainly
won't be buying them!).

Does 'Stonehenge Collection' have any unfortunate edits along those lines?

At least the Pink Fairies CD on Purple Pyramid includes the complete live
at Glastonbury version of "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout"!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com