HW: 1970 - 1980 Video/film footage - what is out there?

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Fri Dec 1 14:46:40 EST 2000

Dave wrote:
> I think that I've posted on this before, what footage exists?
>
>London 1970 - thirty minutes (no sound) pro?
>Isle Of Wight - 5 seconds + ? pro
>Silver Machine pro
>Space Ritual (b&w) - rumoured - no sightings
>1974 Scandanavian pro
>1977 tour audience no sound
>1977 Marc Bolan TV show
>1980 German TV
>
>Can anyone expand on this? And, now on bended knee, can anyone do me a copy of the 1977 live stuff.
>
>Dave

I think I mentioned this last year, but in Record Collector (Feb 1993) Dave Brock says that the BBC filmed for half an hour at Dunstable for the Silver Machine clip. He also says that Charisma made a film to accompany the Hawlords album. And someone (not a HW fan) once told me many years ago (about 1980) that they had seen a clip of HW on tv - he couldn't give me any details - he only took notice of it because they had two drummers on stage, which assuming its true, would put it at 75-76.

Mick.

May there always be starlight on the path...Burnham Jr.