HW: Kings Of Speed Instrumental

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 1 17:09:29 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/1/00 12:38:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:

> I prefer the synth overdubs of the Flicknife version to the violin & sax on
>  the original (those instruments just don't seem right for the band that was
>  named after the song, but the synths are sufficiently aggressive ... and
>  the synth "notes" [as opposed to "noises] sound awful close to the guitar
>  solo Fast Eddie played on live versions the song - 'No Sleep Til
>  Hammersmith' etc.), but nobody can sing that song like Lemmy can!
>
>  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Rather interesting, I always wondered about this. So if you were gonna list
recording dates for this you'd have to say '75/sometime in the early '80s. I
love that "popping", though I think of it more as "the machine gun", and when
playing air-instruments to this, I take that stance. as for the vox, I
actually dig Dave, especially that "ohhh!!" towards the end, which actually
isn't present on some Anthology/AD versions, requiring yet another Codex
entry just for one stupid little (but very awesome) "Ohhhh!".

hmm, Chuck