HW: 1970 - 1980 Video/film footage - what is out there?

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Dec 1 17:49:53 EST 2000

In message <200012012156.WAA03009 at mail.home.ins.de>, Bernhard
Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE> writes
>>Is this the TV performance of "The Right Stuff" (and "Dream >Worker"
>IIRC)from E.C.T that Mark Kelly referred to in his >message?
>
>HAWKWIND played:
>
>- right stuff
>- angels of death

I remember that. It was a strange programme. A motley assortment of acts
(mostly second-string HM bands) performed live in an empty studio. Nul
points for atmosphere. Hawkwind were the only decent band I can
remember being on it. They looked totally out of it and I remember Brock
caused a bit of a stir by saying 'we like smoking The Right Stuff' at the
conclusion of the song. The prog was shown at about 5.30pm and there was
at least one article (or maybe a  letter) I read in the press expressing outrage
at this shameful attempt to encourage the nation's youth to break the law
(I'm paraphrasing but you can imagine how it went). As an impressionable
16 or 17 year old I was shocked- by the bile in the newspaper that is, not by
Brocky's comment, which struck me as no more than a simple statement of
fact.
--
Nick Medford