HW: 1970 - 1980 Video/film footage - what is out there?

starfield starfield at SUPANET.COM
Fri Dec 1 18:36:37 EST 2000

The Marc footage definitely exists - I remember it being shown at the Hawkwind Convention in Manchester, 1985. Also shown was the whole of Bob Calvert's The Kid From Silicon Gulch. Very funny, and well worth tracking down.

Kings of Speed Instrumental - this was exactly the same version as the Warrior track minus the vocals, so that would put the session as early 1975.

Captain Black
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: david hall
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 2:48 PM
  Subject: HW: 1970 - 1980 Video/film footage - what is out there?

  I think that I've posted on this before, what footage exists?

  London 1970 - thirty minutes (no sound) pro?
  Isle Of Wight - 5 seconds + ? pro
  Silver Machine pro
  Space Ritual (b&w) - rumoured - no sightings
  1974 Scandanavian pro
  1977 tour audience no sound
  1977 Marc Bolan TV show
  1980 German TV

  Can anyone expand on this? And, now on bended knee, can anyone do me a copy of the 1977 live stuff.

  Dave