HW:Excess Studio recordings

Fri Dec 1 19:54:12 EST 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Nick Medford wrote:

> I've not heard any of his more recent output with Twink, but everyone who
> has says it's shite. Does anyone anywhere have a good word to say about the
> 'Pleasure Island' album?!

        Yes. Apparently it's better than the one that followed it, _No
Picture_. Which is really quite bad IMO. No inspiration at all,
approximately half a riff made to do an album's work, poor singing
(practically spoken word), a few flashes of overworked humour the only
light patches. Oh and one faintly psychedelic buildup of multi-tracked
guitar in the second half which only goes to show how poor the other
similar track in the first half is. It may well be the worst album I own
but it's Hawk-Konnected so I can't sell it. Ah well. Yours,
                                                            Jon

ObCD: Blue Oyster Cult - _Cultosaurus Erectus_
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk