HW: Alan Davey solo

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 1 20:55:09 EST 2000

I just happened to pick up "Chaos Delight" this week in San Diego of all
places (same shop where I found the "Hawxtar" disc--place called Off the
Record"on 5th St. in the Hillcrest area. Remember the name if you're ever in
the area.

Anyway, it's pretty good, kinda similar to Motorhead: little progression in
15 years (I've heard his earlier stuff on the Hawk/Elf disc), but who cares.
If you're looking for more guitar-driven '90s-style HW stuff, this should
satisfy you. Some of the tunes are strikingly similar to some off those
tunes, nicked Dave's guitar sound perfectly.

Chuck