BOC: EB, a Jew that rocks

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat Dec 2 16:46:35 EST 2000

Hi there...

Was just Christmas shopping in the local Barnes & Noble and the book "Jews
that Rock" caught my eye.  Interesting title.  Anyway, it is simply an
'almanac' of sorts outlining all the 'significant' Jewish musicians out
there in the world, Dylan, Weinberg, the Beastie Boys :) et al.  And Lenny
Kravitz....yes indeedy...half Jewish (the other half Bahamian).

And EB got his own page all to himself.  Most interesting was that in the
bio paragraph it mentions he replaced Les Braunstein as lead vocalist for
SWU....and certainly LB is Jewish himself, though he didn't get his own page
or anything!

Peter Himmelman, my personal Jew singer/songwriter of choice and son-in-law
of Bob Dylan, got his own page also, though they completely butchered the
spelling of his name in the Table of Contents.

No Jewish space-rockers listed that I noticed. :(

Grakkl (FAA)