Hotels (was: Which pub are we meeting)

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Dec 4 15:58:04 EST 2000

> > :> >What we need is a deal with one particular hotel so that we can all go
> > :> >there, organise a party, and invite Hawkwind.
> > :>
> > :> Great idea.
> > :> IMO we should start compiling a list of everyone who's coming and wants
> > :> stay at that particular hotel.

Me too.  Collated list to date (as given in the original messages; neither
names nor lines necessarily corresponds to number of rooms):

  - Denis Regenbrecht
  - Kristin Regenbrecht
  - merrick and Julie french
  - Mike Holmes
  - Arin Komins
  - Rich Warren
  - Mark Licht and Robert Jacobs
  - Eric Siegerman

Next question: how much are people willing to spend?  Judging by
the places I stayed in October, 35 pounds gets you a postage
stamp, 55 gets you a larger (commemorative-issue? :-) postage
stamp with a decent sort-of-continental breakfast.  Both of those
were singles with ensuite bathrooms, btw; I'm sure we can save a
few pounds by trudging down the hall to the loo.

I haven't been following the party-after-the-party thread; do we
know yet where it's happening?  How close to it does our hotel
need to be?

What facilities do we want, for the "organise a party, and invite
Hawkwind" part?

Is anyone in a better position to organize this than I am (ie.
have a decent travel agent, or a friend in London to do the
legwork)?

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft -- but they could get
fired for relying on Microsoft.
        - Chris Garrigues