HW:Samantha Fox

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Dec 4 16:24:41 EST 2000

And, On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 13:34:57 EST, Eli Friedman <EliPXR5 at AOL.COM> wrote:
>Hmmmmm. I don't know about this? Personally I collect Hawkwind. I own a lot
>of Motorhead albums, but not every one. Do most Hawkwind collectors go after
>everything by Gong, who have an awful lot of excellent output, due to the Tim
>Blake connection?

Hmmm ... compleatism ... I have everything by Gong with Tim Blake (and a
couple Gong records without him including the Dasheil Hedayat album with
Allen/Malherbe/etc., and Hillage's 'Fish Rising', but unfortunately not the
Clearlight LP he's on), the Japan & Bowie albums with Simon House (not to
mention the amazing High Tide and Third Ear Band's 'Macbeth', but
unfortunately NOT the Denny Gerrard album that High Tide play on - anyone
know where I can get that?), the Adrian Wagner album with Bob Calvert (and
all of Bob's solo stuff, OF COURSE!), all the Magic Muscle (Ade Shaw) I've
been able to get my hands on, all the "real" Pink Fairies and Deviants
albums with Paul Rudolph (heck, all the "real PF's and Deviants albums,
PERIOD - Sid Bishop was A-OK and I'm pretty much a Larry Wallis
compleatist, too), all the good stuff (including the Tomorrow, Pretty
Things, Plasticland, Bevis Frond and Elton Motello albums he's on, and some
of the bad stuff) by Twink, the Sam Gopal LP (gotta get that Rockin' Vicars
comp CD!) and the Opal Butterfly single with Lemmy, everything by ICU
(except the mediocre Dave Anderson-released album) & Nik solo ("Space
Ritual" etc.) & the CD reissue of the "Nuclear Waste" 7", the first two
Amon Düul II albums (which I'm mighty glad I got into because of the Dave
Anderson connection ... the next 3 ADII albums are all ace in my book,
too), both Captain Jesus and the Sunray Dream albums, and probably a couple
other things I'm forgetting.

On the other hand, I don't own the Comus album with Keith Hale, I don't own
any Widowmaker or other Huw stuff, nothing with Ginger Baker on it (not
even Cream or Graham Bond ... although I wouldn't mind having the Fela
album that he's on) or any other Hawkwind drummer stuff (Chicken Shack,
Portishead, New Model Army, Cure, etc.), the Swindells solo albums
(wouldn't mind having the second one w/all the Hawkwind members and "Shot
Down In The Night") or Pilot, Melodic Energy Commission (another one
probably worth having), Smart Pils or Hippy Slags or Tubilah Dog (except
TAT), and I could stand to pick up a couple more Alan Davey-related items
(especially after reading the recent thread!).

And slightly more than a half-dozen Motorhead albums/EP's.

I'd bet that my collection is about "average" for this bunch (175 different
"Silver Machine" 7"s?!?!?  I've got a LOT of catching up to do to match
that!) and nothing spectacular around here ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com