OFF: New A-I.com spacerock radio shows

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Dec 5 22:41:49 EST 2000

Hi Folks...

Just a little notice that Jerry's put up some new Streaming RealAudio shows
on the AI website for you to check out.  He did the first one, I put
together the special Stoner Rock (excuse me Carl, Heavy Groove Rock)
show.....hope you like it.  I think I'm gonna keep doing these 'genre'
shows, if folks think they're helpful.  I've finished a 'Shoegazer' show
already, am working on a 'Space-Punk' thingy, and have plans for 'Post-Rock'
and 'Drone/Bliss'.  Any other requests?

Grakkl (FAA)

ObCD: Salaryman - Karoshi
despite this hilarious comment made about this particular release...
"To the categorizer, Salaryman belong to the offshoot of post-rock known as
Spacerock, the genre ruled by UK pioneers Stereolab." (Rough Guides)

(A track from this should appear on my post-rock compilation coming in 2001.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aural Innovations Radio has just uploaded two new shows in streaming
RealAudio. (You can also download them if you prefer.)

Aural Innovations is an online web-zine covering all forms of spacerock,
psychedelia, electronica, and more eclectic forms of jazz and
progressive rock. Our web site is LOADED with reviews, interviews, and articles.

Here is the playlist for the new radio shows:

Show 15 Playlist: (General Playlist)

ST 37 - "Whistling In Hell" 5:36 (from I Love To Talk, If There's Anything
To Talk About)
Omnia Opera - "Floating Settee" 8:21 (from Omnia Opera)
Farflung - "Vision Of Infinity" 4:02 (from So Many Minds, So Little Time)
Pressurehed - "Altitude" 4:36 (from Explaining The Unexplained)
Mr Quimby's Beard - "Snake Dance" 6:26 (from Out There)
Billy Syndrome - "21st Century Blues" 3:41 (from Now)
Salome - "Chambers & Vessels" 5:50 (from a.m.)
Damo Suzuki's Network - "Winner Writes History" 8:28 (from Odyssey)
Census Of Hallucinations - "Light On The Horizon / The New Worried Order"
5:13 (from Opus 2)
Green Pajamas - "Morning In Myra's Room" 4:28 (from Serotonin Ronin II)
Abunai! - "Barbara Allen" 5:51 (from The Mystic River Sound)
Black Sun Ensemble - "Dove Of The Desert" 2:41 (from Sky Pilot)
Cyber Zen Sound Engine - "Unexpected Companions" 3:06 (from Moonscapes: How
Stones Become Enlightened)
Mandarin - "Scribb" 6:18 (from Driftline)
Avey Tare and Panda Bear - "Someday I'll Grow To Be As Tall As The Giant"
3:10 (from Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished)
Barlow/Petersen/Wivinus - "Serpent Healer" 3:38 (from Barlow/Petersen/Wivinus)
Spaceship Eyes - "Vapor" 5:02 (from Of Cosmic Repercussions)
Automatic Music - "One" 9:23 (from And In Arcadia I Am...)

Show 16 Playlist: (Stoner Rock Special)

Nebula - "Vulcan Bomber" (from Let It Burn) 2:54
Spirit Caravan - "Lost Sun Dance" (from Jug Fulla Sun) 4:35
Earthlings? - "Saving Up For My Spaceship/Illuminate" (from Earthlings?) 7:45
Gas Giant - "Too Stoned" (from Pleasant Journey In Heavy Tunes) 6:10
Orange Goblin - "Shine" (from Time Travelling Blues) 6:55
Farflung - "Gleam" (from The Belief Module) 4:17
The Heads - "Splitt Riff" (from Succour) 4:41
Lowrider - "Texas Pt I & II" (from Ode To Io) 7:32
Liquid Sound Company - "Swallow" (from Exploring The Psychedelic) 4:01
Monster Magnet - "Nod Scene" (from Spine Of God) 6:46
Datura - "Euphoria" (from Visions For The Celestial) 6:33
Walk On Water - "Solar Power Ride" (from High-Fi) 4:35
Queens Of The Stone Age - "Regular John" (from Queens Of The Stone Age) 4:35
The Atomic Bitchwax - "Stork Theme" (from The Atomic Bitchwax) 2:27

So head on over to http://Aural-Innovations.com and click on the Radio link
to listen.

While you're there check out our mail order catalog for music from Nebula
Trip, SubArachnoid Space, Mushroom, Mr Quimby's Beard, Hardy, Afresco
Mantis, Krom Lek, Census Of Hallucinations, The Rabbit's Hat, Quarkspace,
National Steam, Spacehead, Krel, Doug Snyder and Bob Thompson, JFK Jr Royal
Airforce, W.O.O. Revelator, World Of Tomorrow, Rotcod Zzaj, The Imaginary
Band, The Moondance Experiment, Music From The Future, Spaceship Eyes, plus
numerous titles from the Garden of Delights reissue catalog.

For more information on these and other available items go the main Aural
Innovations page and click on the mail order catalog link.

http://Aural-Innovations.com