HW: Clive Deamer

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 05:39:58 EST 2000

Hi

Clive had definitely gone by February 1985,  since Danny played drums at he
Hawkon in Manchester. Hang on - Clive played on the ECT show in summer 1985.
Maybe he just couldn't make it to the Manchester show??   Who knows!  For
sure, Danny was on the drum riser for the Chronicles tour.

I haven't got my copy of Ade's gig list here, but I think I'm right in
saying that Danny was at Crystal Palace, in summer 1985, but I don't know
who played at Westbury White Horse Hill.

There's only a very few gigs during this period, so quoting an official
line-up is rather difficult anyhow!

On the subject of Westbury, wasn't that Nik's last gig before his second
ejection?

Guy T.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Denis Regenbrecht
[mailto:denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE]
                Sent:   05 December 2000 21:27
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: Clive Deamer (was: HW:Samantha Fox)

                Hi,

                >I still think it's too bad that the 'Earth Ritual' album
that would have
                >been recorded by the
Brock/Turner/Lloyd-Langton/Bainbridge/Reeves/Deamer
                >lineup (with special guest Lemmy) never came to pass.

                Total ACK.
                IMO Clive was the best of all those early&mid-eighties'
drummer and he
                should have stayed longer.

                >Is Clive the longest-serving (since he was in the band for
longer than Thom
                >Crimble or Keith Hale) Hawkwind member who never played on
one of the
                >band's "real" studio albums?

                He shares the pole position with Dead Fred (March '83 - June
'84). Both
                were HW-members for about 1 year 3 months.

                (c)IAO

                                         D+R

                --
                "Nothing is true - everything is permissible"
                                                         Hassan I Sabbah

                www.d-rider.de          denis at d-rider.de