HW: Party and hotel thing

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 06:53:52 EST 2000

The Kingsbury has a couple of function rooms in the basement, that are
available for hire.  There is a bar in the bigger room. It's a bit typically
hotel-function-room style, with gold painted / red velvet chairs etc, but
quite spacious, but it does have the bar (YESSSS!!!) The hotel caters a lot
for masonic dining functions / business conferences etc, if that gives an
idea of the kind of room ! Not as big as a certain club near the Astoria,
but quite spacious, none the less.  IMO - could probably hold about 150.

Guy T.

XXX writes:

                > It would be a good idea to organise an hotel for everyone.
Hawkwind =
                > would stay as well if it could be got together.
                >
                > The Thistle Hotel  Bloomsbury Park (formally The
Kingsbury) would be =
                > ideal as it is not too far to walk from the gig, being
near to the =
                > British Museum.(Don't know the e-mail etc)
                >
                > We have booked a club for the party. This is close to the
Astoria, but =
                > we like the idea of a convention type thing in an hotel.
                >
                > Lets get a list of names together and see what sort of
deals the hotels =
                > are prepared to offer.
                >
                > There is also the Kensington Gardens Thistle Hotel in
Bayswater Road =
                > (Taxi ride away from gig) e-mail:
Kensington.Gardens at Thistle.co.uk