HW: Alan Davey solo/still searchin'

Jerry Guizar jguizar at STNY.RR.COM
Wed Dec 6 12:04:33 EST 2000

From: "Nick Medford" <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:33:21 -0500, Jerry Guizar <jguizar at STNY.RR.COM>
wrote:

> >   Has anyone here ordered from them before? I ordered 11 CD's and got a
> >message asking me to fax or post a copy of my credit card. The email said
> >it was standard mail order company procedure, but this is the first time
> >I've
> >ever been asked to do this and I do a LOT of mail order. I don't mind
doing
> >it if it's standard practice for them, they already have all my personal
> >info and
> >there's nothing on a photocopy that they don't already know.
>
> I ordered 3 cd's from them a few days ago and didn't have to do this.
Maybe
> 'cos you ordered (gasp) ELEVEN?

   They said it was because I was a new customer. I ordered 2 Alan Davey
(Bedouin, Chaos Delight), 3 Anubian Lights (Eternal Sky, Let Not The Flame
Die Out, Jackal and Nine), 2 Amon Duul II (Dance of the Lemmings, Yeti),
3 Ash Ra Tempel (Ash Ra Tempel, Inventions For The Electric Guitar,
Join Inn), and Tim Blake - Crystal Machine. 130 Pounds plus shipping. I
figure about $240 US and I haven't really made it out of the A's yet :(

   I ordered 9 from Richard at Cranium too (Hawkwind, Clearlight Symphony,
Datura, Krel, Magic, Kaleidoscope, Brainstorm, and Spacious Mind).  I said
I had a lot of catching up to do :)

> However I did receive an email to say that one of my picks was out of
stock
> for the moment. But this has happened with other internet mailorder firms
> too. Wish they'd keep their website catalogues updated. The worst
offenders
> have to be Jungle, I've pretty much given up on them now.

    Me too. Hey Andy - does CD Services have a text (or html) catalog
available
for download? I checked the website, but don't really know what you can get
or
how much it'll cost?

Jerry