HW[sort of]: Rockin' Vicars

Jeff Berry nexus at PANIX.COM
Wed Dec 6 12:26:23 EST 2000

So, I was browsing the Motorhead section the other day to find
an appropriate CD for my nephew who's learning bass, and what did
I find but a CD containing all the Rockin' Vicars stuff, featuring
Lemmy for the most tracks (all but the first 2 - the a/b side of their
first single).

It was kind of interesting. Almost all cover songs, usually
early British Invasion standards type stuff.  One interesting
tidbit was a Townsend tune called "It's Alright" which was later
reworked into "The Kids are Alright".

For the compleatist in me, it was a most satisfying purchase.

JB

PS. The kid got the newish Motorhead 25 year double CD, and a copy
of Iron Maiden/Killers.  He may not like it, but I'm sure it will
annoy his mom:-)

PPS. Anyone in NYC or environs should come see The Trials of
Martin Guerre, running off-Broadway two more weeks.
http://www.deptfordplayers.org