HW: Clive Deamer

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Dec 6 15:22:12 EST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:39:58 -0000, "Thomas, Guy"
<Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM> wrote:
>I haven't got my copy of Ade's gig list here, but I think I'm right in
>saying that Danny was at Crystal Palace, in summer 1985, but I don't know
>who played at Westbury White Horse Hill.

Correct (according to the list), and yes, it was Danny at White Horse Hill
- that would have been his first gig as the "official" Hawkwind drummer.
But note the overlap between him & Clive on earlier gigs ...

>There's only a very few gigs during this period, so quoting an official
>line-up is rather difficult anyhow!

Here it is for the period in question:

Worthing        Assembly Hall           29.11.84        Fri     BR/DA/BA/LL/DM/TU/TH
Ipswich Cinderella's            22.01.85        Tue     DA/LL/BA/DM
Manchester      Exhibition Hall 10.02.85        Sun     SL/DA/BA/LL/TH/AD/CB/TU
London          Television              26.04.85        Fri     BR/DA/BA/LL/DM
Folkestone      Leas Cliff Hall 01.06.85        Sat     BR/BA/DA/LL/DM
Reading Hexagon         02.06.85        Sun     BR/BA/DA/LL/DM
Dunstable       Queensway Hall  03.06.85        Mon     BR/BA/DA/LL/DM
Nottingham      Rock City               04.06.85        Tue     BR/BA/DA/LL/DM
Stonehenge      White Horse Hill        21.06.85        Fri     BR/BA/DA/TU/TH
London          Maida Vale              19.07.85        Fri     BR/DA/BA/LL/TH
Crystal Palace Park                     24.08.85        Sat     BR/DA/BA/LL/TH/LE

>On the subject of Westbury, wasn't that Nik's last gig before his second
>ejection?

No, it was after he was fired/quit.  His last gig before that would have
been Worthing, the last show of the fall '84 tour.  I distinctly remember
reading in Brian Tawn's Hawkwind feedback that the split occurred in winter
'85 (I can't remember whether it was before or after the Hawkon in
Manchester), and that a later issue mentioned Westbury being the first
"reunion" with Nik.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com