HW: Alan Davey solo/still searchin'

Richard Stockwell richard at CRANIUM.CO.NZ
Wed Dec 6 19:44:35 EST 2000

> Hmmmmm..........don't want to turn this into a plug for CDS but do
Delerium deduct seventeen and a half percent VAT from the orders of people
who order from outside of the EEC because we do at CD Services, and that can
amount to one hell of a lot of savings.

I always hoped you'd never mention the VAT angle because I well remember
back at the start of the 90's (before I started Cranium Music)when I was
buying ALOT of music from a place in the midlands that a certain writer of
this article used to work at charging me VAT on orders that were coming here
to New Zealand. When I questioned this I was told "I will have to ask the
accountant about whether VAT should be charged or not". Nothing ever
happened so I stopped buying. The UK has had VAT long enough now for anyone
who runs a business and exports to understand the system.

Richard