OT: Rush

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Dec 7 10:34:12 EST 2000

At 09:11 AM 12/7/00 EST, Robert C. Mayo wrote:
>often wondered why you boc-l'ers don't ever mention rush when you're
>off-topic; philosophical/sci-fi-ish lyrics, sweeping arrangements; yeah i
>know of all of the reasons you don't like them...but just surprised that
>they're not championed on this page as other non-boc/hw bands have been.
>
>seems like 2112 (the song) might be right up the average boc-l'er's alley...

I like the Rush of the Farewell to Kings-Hemispheres-2112 era.  Geddy's
vocals don't bother me.  I guess partly out of respect to Theo, we avoid
bringing it up that much.  I also rather liked Signals.  Most of the
stuff they've done since then I don't care for.

Hey, everyone has got to have their pet dislikes.  I was never all that
fond of 'Brainstorm'.  About the only version of it I ever liked was the
one on Live '79.  See?  And I can't stand 'Watching the Grass Grow'.
Nothing against Nik, mind you, just, well, never got those two.

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold