Klassic Kovers

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Dec 7 20:01:41 EST 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

=> and move onto soemthing else - like just how amazing is the new
=> Architectural Metaphor live album - tremendous 20 minute cover of 'Echoes'
=> (yes - THAT 'Echoes') and what a fantastic end track - best album I've heard
=> this week.

Pink Floyd covers seem de rigeur nowadays.  Col. Les Claypool's Fearless
Flying Frog Brigade have been covering the entire _Animals_ album from
start to finish in their second set quite often these days, as well as
other Floyd numbers like "Shine On You Crazy Diamond."  This Halloween,
moe. covered the entire _Dark Side of the Moon_ album during their first
set.

Some "jambands" have covered entire classic albums as a special occasion
during their Halloween show.  That got me to thinking: what "classic"
album would Hawkwind or BOC cover for a Halloween show?  It would have
to be something for which they felt an affinity; kind of like something
that expressed their "roots."

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Bevis Frond, Kaue, Gelsenkirchen, Germany, 1999-4-13

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa