HW: More completism

Sat Dec 9 13:21:10 EST 2000

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Nick Medford wrote:

> In message <200012091451.JAA22604 at listserv.spc.edu>, Rik Rx <hw at CY-
> B.ORG> writes
> >just to throw a spanner in the works..
> >
> >rooting through the collection i found an interesting CD
> >"Nuclear Waste" by Sting and The Radioactors....
> >The lineup is wayy interesting on 3 tracks...
> >
> >Vocals : Sting
> >Lead Guitar : Steve hillage  - (why i bought it)
> >Sax & Backing vocals: Nik Turner
> >
> >and guess what... it's a voiceprint cd (BP181CD)
>
> Wasn't Gong bassist Mike Howlett also involved? The band was actually the
> genesis of the Police, of course all the psychedelic warriors had left by then.

        Shockingly I didn't actually know the name Mike Howlett when I
last saw a copy of this (it may still be there for all I know), so I don't
rememebr it being there, but I know that the chief mover and shaker on
this project was Hari Williamson, who brought Nik with him from Sphynx
which is why he's one there; Steve Hillage likewise. I believe Miquette
Giraudy is also on it somewhere. I have a nagging feeling that it may also
have an ex-Hawk drumming but I'm not sure which one. Either Alan Powell or
Andy Anderson I suppose given that they were in Sphynx, but they'd both
gone by the time Sphynx got on the road so perhaps I'm just raving.

        This time when I go into the shop I saw it in I shall be prepared
to buy it :-) Yours,
                     Jon

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk