HW:Completists

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 10 13:27:11 EST 2000

Dave, I think it's one of the most horribly awful Lp's ever, conversely, I
happen to like Space Bandits and Xenon Codex. Xenon is a sleeper that sneaks
up on you, give it another spin. but hey, everyone likes diferrent stuff and
it actually makes sense that we are opposed on these records.
in reality, I listen to all Hawkwind and solo stuff, and even I don't care
for mr. Swindels solo LP, I've given it many listens, if for no other reason,
the Hawkwind member connection.
That I'm not a big fan (or fan at all for that matter) of Bruce Springsteen,
it is easy to understand why I don't like the Swindels Lp, as it sounded more
like "the boss" than Hawkwind....
but that's only my opinion...anyone else?
bob

In a message dated 12/10/00 10:07:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK writes:

> Can't agree here the LP is excellent (you're not saying that Space Bandits
>  and Codex are better than this, are you? Puh-leeze). Proto-hawkwind it most
>  certainly is, the missing link between the Hawklords and the 79/80
Hawkwind.