OFF : Smile

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Dec 11 06:33:22 EST 2000

On 8 Dec 00, at 14:31, Doug Pearson wrote:

> ... allegedly the absolute worst-selling music album from the pre-Sony
> CBS/Columbia/Epic/etc. conglomerate was the Hampton Grease Band's
> 'Music To Eat' (second-worst seller overall, behind a
> spoken-word/poetry/nature sounds/comedy or something along those lines
> album).

I've never heard this one, but I'm a big fan of Col. [ret.] Hampton's
work with Aquarium Rescue Unit.  In fact I think BOC-Lers [some of
'em, anyway] would probably dig ARU.  Worthwhile for the work of
bassist Oteil Burbridge and guitarist Jimmy Herring, who are both
virtuosos.  And the Col. is really a great singer, depending upon
whether you dig the material...

theo