HW: finest moments

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Dec 11 19:36:55 EST 2000

Studio finest moments there are so many:
Master Of The Universe
Silver Machine (because if I hadn't heard this - who knows?)
the entire "Roadhawks" LP - especially side 2 (otherwise known as the "I'll
get you into this band ...." LP - I think EMI must owe me some dosh, the
number of people who got into the band (and bought vinyl, tickets, and
t-shirts after hearing this!)
S/Ritual Orgone Acc.
Lord Of Light from Doremi
the mellotrons on D-Rider
It's So Easy/You'd Better Believe It/Psych. Warlords
Brainbox Pollution (the ultimate pre-gig toon)
Assault and Battery intro
Magnu (the instrumental section)
Spirit of the Age (what can you say)
Damnation Alley (ya-hey air guitar, organ, and violin)
Forge Of Vulcan (play along on yer own anvil)
PXR5 (this should have been a single not a b-side of 25 years)
Motorway City (I first heard this on the car radio while parked at a
motorway service station - Tommy Vance interviewing Dave too)
Dust Of Time
Angels Of Death (the best track from the RCA years)
Moonglum (funnily enough it's the one track that sticks out in my memory
from the Black Sword tour)
Treadmill (is there a studio version of this?)
the Electric Tepee (most of it)
the Alien stuff (again most of it)
NEXT YEARS RELEASE!! C'MON GUYS GET IN THE STUDIO!!

Tomorrow the list will probably be different!

Live finest:
Brixton - all of it (by miles)
79 tour
Angels Of Death with slide show 81 to 82
Niks flute playing on that tour (and any show - but not sax natch)
Stonehenge 84
Black Sword
the return of Simon House (89?90?)
Manchester 94 (small venue standing about 4 foot from Dave Brock)
Ron Tree (but don't play the bass)

Live lows:
no Tim Blake on Levitation tour
Castle Donnington
the gigs post Black Sword - 86 -88 (tired perhaps)
Bridgett (sorry)
Capt Rizz

The studio "stinkers" list

The Augergine That Ate Rangoon
Silver Machine (Live 79)
That Silver Machine/Psychedelic Warlords single (dear oh dear...oh dear -
why?)
Some of the dodgy tracks on Flicknife (quality control guru absent without
leave)
About half of the RCA output
Black Elk (back to the reservation with this - apologies to any Native
Americans on the list)
Most of Codex and Space  Bandits
Reggae versions of songs (at least not as bad as Geddy Lee!!)
Capt Rizz toasting

Over to you

Dave

(n/p Lee "Scratch" Perry Arkology Reel 1)