HW:---More Blah Blah

Mike Coleman deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Dec 11 23:43:31 EST 2000

>Synthesis was a Del solo tape after he had finished with Melodic Energy
>Commission.
>M=E/C^2 was a MEC album.
>Melody Is Energy was an MEC track,  so that w Night Rhythm must have been a
>single.
>
>Jeff

 Forgive me........I'll do some private apologies to the likes of Larry,
Andy(not Ande)..sorry I keep doing that, JD,
etc..........SOON...........rather than keep public  frothing

I hope I am not actually seriously causing anyone anger with my frequency
and personal gaga............

The "Night Rhythm" 45 mentioned below is really cool gatefold sleeve, and
the tracks are superb, however if your looking for the HW connection,
you'll be relieved to hear there is NO DELATRON, nor DEL...............Don
Xaliman is presently gathering his energies and preparing to throw them at
us.........I am excited, as recent plays found me discovering greater
buried magic within the tunes.........

1) The discography in the BOC-L archives lists several items under Del
Dettmar as part of his Melodic Energy Commission period which their
current Xaliman-run homepage doesn't admit to: these are _Synthesis_,
_M=E/C^2_, and `Melody is Energy/Night Rhythm'; does anyone know if these
are actually MEC works or Del solo

2) the same source lists a Calvert appearance on an LP called _Mazin
Ennet_ by a group called John Stevens Away. I can't find anything out
about this and suspect that whatever it was it was probably Mother Gong's
Bob Calvert on it rather than our one. This is a mistake which occurs
elsewhere in that file too. Can anyone confirm or refute my suspicion?

That DAMNED other Bob Calvert!!!!!!!!!!!!         I love certain Gong
releases, but the trouble that name has caused..........like driving
CATAPILLA Lp's way up, because everyone insists it's the BOB???   it IS the
other Bob isn't it??????

Not to mention comming home with the "Invisible Opera Company Of Tibet",
looking at that gorgeous sleeve, all excited to trip with Calvert, and it
sucked so bad It must have made me spit up Beer foam......(sorry Bob
Lennon, fellow Allen Shamanic realizers.......) YUCK!!!!!!!!

4) on a comp. called, I think, _The Best of Lemmy_, there are two tracks
by Lemmy and the Upsetters. One of them is a marvellous `Blue Suede
Shoes', but I can't remember what the other is. Does anyone know, and can
they tell me when these were recorded and whether they were issued
elsewhere before that comp.

The other track is "Paradise"....which, opinion on table, if anything IAN
could
smell of fish....this could....need strong brew and loudspeakers to
compensate......"Blue Suede Ufoshoes" is a smoker, and sure inspires me to
get some blinking footgear..........the tracks (I THINK) are both on a CD
called the "Last Temptation Of Elvis" by Mick Green and the PIRATES....if
anyone cares to blast me for improper info...do so....but sell me your
copy....PLEASE!!!!???

6) The _Great Rock Discography_ has a full track-list and personnel for
Pink Fairies _Out of the Blue and Into the Pink_ from 1995, but I can't
find a trace of it elsewhere. On the other hand I have found a Twink
Records comp of random 1974 - 1976 blues recordings by him and Mouse from
Magic Muscle (?) called _Out of the Pink and into the Blues_, which seems
to reference it. Or are they the same record? Has anyone seen the first
one?

Can't help.... Hawkwind stole my lunch-money....it's time for a Larry
Wallis fiXXX

7) The Moor with Nik Turner, _Flux_ - is it out and if so when did it get
so? Is it, out of interest, any good, and is it their material or the same
old fifteen Hawkwind songs Nik plays with whatever backing band he can
find?

 The FLUX CD came out a couple years ago......the answer to the above
is.....NIK is gonna get YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!    it's negative on that
recycler.......I just dug it out and it is on "Bishop Garden" label...the
tracks are...SUCK, BABY, BODY, STAY, BELL, SOON, TALK....can't recall which
ones have "Mr. Thistle"...must get more beer soon........but it is a
winner, as is the other release  "Every Pixie
sells a story"......cool band that DOES NOT SUCK!!!!!..........

The CD came out in 1996........god ...the
time.........AHHHHHHHHHH.......slipping............

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk