OFF: Motorhead cancelled

Zeitgeist stuarthamilton at REDHOTANT.COM
Tue Dec 12 08:18:59 EST 2000

MOTORHEAD DATES CANCELLED
Lemmy has been advised by doctors to take a complete break due to extreme
exhaustion, so Motorhead have been forced to cancel the rest of their
European tour, including three UK dates. In support of the band's 25th
Anniversary album, "We Are Motorhead", the band played dates in Japan
before travelling to the UK for their sell-out gig at Brixton Academy,
and then left straight away for a lengthy European tour, taking in many
places where their fans had not seen the band for many years including
Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Belarussia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and
Norway.  This resulted in the band playing 39 shows in 48 days, with a
gruelling travel schedule between each show.

Lemmy had a severe bout of influenza prior to the present tour, but
perservered. A handful of European dates were cancelled, but after a few
days rest Lemmy continued to play - against doctor's advice. "Doctors
have been telling me for years and years to slow down," said Lemmy from
his hospital bed in Italy. "How was I to know that this time they meant
it? I carried on because I didn't want to let the fans down in the
countries we were due to play... it now looks like I should have taken
time out weeks ago to fully recover." Lemmy has been advised to take four
weeks rest to ensure a full recovery.

The Hawkwind Shop
http://www.101cd.com/ogrp01.asp?artist=HAWKWIND&s=1151

---