HW: finest moments

Carl Edlund Anderson carlaz at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue Dec 12 18:39:53 EST 2000

At 08.36 +0000 11.12.2000, Steve Litchfield wrote:
>What's your single finest memory of recorded Hawkwind (live or studio)? It
>can be a phrase, a passage or even an entire song or album. i.e. what bit
>of recording encapsulates everything you like about the band most? And
>why?
>
>To kick things off, for me it's the first few minutes of "Born to Go" on
>Hawkwind: Space Rock from London - utterly awesome in its energy and
>driving force (and fun).

That may be my top pick. On the other hand, I rate Lemmy's solo in
"Time We Left" on _Doremi_ as one of mankinds]'s finest achievements,
musical or otherwise :)  There are some bits of "Shouldn't Do That",
the live version from Roadhawks/SR remaster that are quite good. And
I like Dave's guitar solo on "Golden Void" on Palace Springs!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson