HW: Party and hotel thing

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Dec 12 19:55:28 EST 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Jill Strobridge wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW: Party and hotel thing
:
:Hi Merick
:
:Thanks for your message.  That was a kind offer and I'll enclose the
:list of Thistle Hotels I found on Yell.com       I've only had a
:chance to phone Kensington Park and Bloomsbury but I don't honestly
:think the Thistle Hotels are going to be what's needed.
:Bloomsbury could only offer me single rooms at
:£ 106 (pounds) for the night and doubles at, I think, (since I've
:forgotten to bring the info with me!) at £129 (pounds).    These
:prices are way too high for most fans and I'm fairly sure prices for
:the other Thistle group hotels will be equally steep so I'm afraid
:that cheaper priced hotels will be needed and that'll take further
:investigation.     I'll see what I can find out but I really don't
:have much time to spare for a long search.
:
:The good news is that neither place seemed to think that a block
:booking of 25 rooms or so would be a problem so there seems to be
:plenty of availability for that date.
:

A bit more web legwork (for Jill, or anyone else who wants to call
places):

holiday inn has locations at oxford circus and bloomsbury with doubles for
95 pounds a night.

I've put an inquiry into the comfort inn chain to see what they can
get us.

More web hunting:

http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels/bayswater/index.html (doubles
for 69 pounds and have meeting space available (may be a high season/low
season thing, tho'))

http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels/royalnational/index.html
(doubles for 85 pounds and has meeting space.)

more hotels seem to be listed at www.hotelsoflondon.co.uk, but I've
really got to get home now....

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559